The International Cultural-Educational Association (ICEA) in partnership with Ukrainian American College Educators Association (UACEA) hosted a group of Ukrainian lawprofessionals and educators, who participated in a program during April 20 – 27, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois. The program objective was to introduce Ukrainian law professionals and educators to the American legal and educational systems. The program had presentations and meetings hosted by collaborating organizations.
ICEA gives a special thank you for attorney Alexander JAROWYJ, who gave a very professional and friendly tour around Chicago’s Courts.
Ukrainian delegates had one day to observe how American attorneys really work in the courtroom. The Chicago Civil Court, Federal Court, and Criminal Court have a history of important cases. The delegates also visited the Chicago Art Institute, American Architects Foundation, Solex Language Academy, Lake Forest Academy, Northwestern Community Hospital, Schaumburg City Hall, and Schaumburg township Library.
The following members of the Ukrainian delegation were:
- Tetiana Drakokhrust – lecturer, Ph.D in International Law, Ternopil National Economic University;
- Lyudmila Kraynyak – lecturer, Ph.D in Linguistic, Ternopil National Economic University;
- Viktoriya Hrobova – Professor, Ph. D. in Judicial Science, Sumy Campus of Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs in Ukraine.
- Volodymyr Krugliak – lawyer, Kiev region Law Bar Association;
- Ivan Leheta –prosecutor of Kremenets City Prosecutor Office, Ternopol region.
View our photo album.