The program provided presentations and meetings hosted by collaborating organizations, including the League Education & Treatment Center in Brooklyn, the New York Center for Independence of the Disabled – CIDNY, BCID, and Manhattan College.
The program objective was to introduce Russian delegates to the American education system and special community development programs at both the state and municipal levels (municipal and state levels). The program also provided the opportunity to network and build relationships with local members of the collaborating organizations (with members of local collaborating organizations).
The names of Russian educators:
- Nadezhda Rachkovskaya – Ph.D. in Psychology, Professor, Department of General and Pedagogic Psychology, Moscow Region State University, Moscow;
- Andrey Ivanov – Ph.D. in Social Pedagogics, Associate Professor, Department of Social Pedagogy, North Eastern State University, Мagadan Region;
- Anna Kasianenko – Specialist of Psychology Department, North Eastern State University, Magadan Region;
- Margarita Tokareva – Lead Specialist for Magadan Region Governor Office;
- Svetlana Klachkova – Pathology Speech Therapist – speech-language pathologist, Center of Psychological Health and Social Care, Magadan Region.
They want to contribute what they will learn from the program toward the current re-organization of the educational system in Russia. The main goal and idea of the program is learning new trends in the field of special education and psychology and implementation of newly gain knowledge.
We would like to give special thank you for:
- Corine Fitzpatrick Ph.D. Professor, Chair, Department of Graduate Counseling, Leadership, Education Director, Center for Optimal College Readiness Co – Director, Center for the Study of the Future of Education Program Director, School Counseling Program of Manhattan College.
- Mark Handelman, LCSW, ACSW as Chief Executive Officer. League Education & Treatment Center.
- Susan M. Dooha, J.D. Executive Director. Center for Independence of the Disabled
- Joseph G. Rappaport Executive Director. Brooklyn Center for Independence of the Disabled.
Very professional work been seen from the Global Professional Consulting’s staff, thank’s Irina Kokurina – general manager for organize this program well!
For more information about our programs, please also visit our web site at www.icearu.org or contact Elena Seitz – ICEA Program Director